In addition, a website editor should:
- be an advanced PC user;
- have the basic understanding of web-design;
- be able to work with databases;
- understand the principles of website promotion and search engine optimization.
Among editor’s personal qualities the most valuable are:
- attention to details;
- teamwork skills;
- willingness to work with large amounts of information.
Where to find?
Since today the Internet is available for fast and effective searching, you can find a website editor using different online sources:
- staff recruitment sites where resumes and vacancies are published (they have large databases but it’s hard to select the right person from such a big choice);
- freelance marketplaces (they are similar to the previous source but focus on remote jobs);
- content agencies that offer editing among other services (professionalism is guaranteed and you can get any services related to website texts in one place);
- blogs and discussion forums on the particular topic (there you can get non-biased reviews about editors, but the choice is limited and you have to spend some time on searching for a reliable web-resource).
Also you can opt for one of the old ways of searching:
- recruiting firms (unlike similar sites, they can save your time selecting job applicants, but they also require some investments);
- recommendations of friends and colleagues (limited choice but reliable sources).